A Multi-center, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Phase III Trial of the FLT3 Inhibitor Gilteritinib Administered as Maintenance Therapy Following Allogeneic Transplant for Patients with FLT3/ITD AML
The primary purpose of this study is to compare relapse-free survival between participants who have FLT3/ITD AML in CR1 who undergo a stem cell transplant and are randomized to receive the study drug gilteritinib or placebo, starting from after the time of engraftment for a two year period. This study also will seek to determine safety and tolerability of the study drug gilteritinib used after transplant, overall survival, and cumulative incidence of graft-versus-host disease.
Acute myeloid leukemia
- Patients must be legal adults with a diagnosis of AML with FLT3/ITD mutation.
- Participants must be in first remission prior to transplant, with bone marrow blast < 5% and no morphologic characteristics of acute leukemia in bone marrow and no evidence of extra medullary disease
- The preparatory regimen for transplant must begin within 30 days of the last bone marrow before transplant
- Any GvHD prophylaxis (prevention) regimen is acceptable
- Stem cells for transplant may be from any donor cell source
- patients must have evidence of engraftment after transplant
- patients must be registered for the study before transplant conditioning begins
18 - 89
Healthy Volunteers Needed
Duration of Participation
24 months after start of study drug (or placebo), then 3-7 years for follow-up.
Knight Cancer Intake Center: (503)494-7999
Clinical Trials Information Line: (503)494-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org