From minor injuries to the most complex medical emergencies and trauma care.
OHSU is Oregon's 24 hour resource.
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, Oregon 97239
Map and directions
Entering the emergency department
Security screening: Starting Sept. 1, all patients, staff and others must enter through a metal detector.
- Please leave metal items at home.
- Weapons such as knives will be turned over to OHSU Public Safety.
Visitor policy: Because of COVID-19, visitors are not allowed. Those under 18 may enter with one parent, guardian or caregiver. Learn more about OHSU’s visitor policy.
When to call
If you feel you have a serious, debilitating, life-threatening or emergent medical condition requiring immediate medical care,
or go to the nearest hospital.
OHSU no longer posts emergency room wait times. Patient numbers and needs vary so much during the pandemic that we can’t make reliable estimates
Adult and pediatric emergency care
- Doernbecher pediatric emergency
24-hour emergency care just for kids
- Level 1 trauma center
- Oregon's first accredited Chest Pain Center
- OHSU Brain Institute, OHSU Stroke Center
- Home of the Oregon Poison Center
- FREE valet parking, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.