Featured articles for Fall 2016
Jai Raman, M.D., F.R.A.C.S., Ph.D.
OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute
Casey A. Seideman, M.D.
OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital
Michael Savin, M.D.
OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
Allison Lindauer, Ph.D., N.P.
OHSU Brain Institute
At the top of the list
We are pleased to share that U.S. News & World Report magazine has ranked OHSU as the No. 1 hospital in Oregon, according to U.S. News Best Hospitals 2016–2017. Seven adult specialties at OHSU also rank among the top 50 in the country. Those areas are:
- Cancer (No. 36)
- Cardiology and heart surgery (No. 36 — newly ranked)
- Diabetes and endocrinology (No. 35 — newly ranked)
- Ear, nose and throat (No. 18)
- Geriatrics (No. 38)
- Nephrology (No. 37 — newly ranked)
- Urology (No. 24 — newly ranked)
- In addition, U.S. News designated several OHSU specialties as “high-performing”: gastroenterology, neurology and neurosurgery, ophthalmology and orthopaedics.
The magazine also ranked OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital among the nation’s top 50 children’s hospitals in seven pediatric specialties, including cancer, diabetes and endocrinology, neonatology,
nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, pulmonology and urology. While we are honored, we believe that our partnership with providers like you is key to this accomplishment. We rely on your collaboration and trust to help provide the best possible patient care, and are thankful for your continued confidence.